Monday 11 November 2013

Christmas decorations - the planning stage

I haven't posted recently, mainly because I have various projects on-going at the moment and none quite finished.  But I thought I would share with you some previews of what I'm working on...

For me, October is when I start thinking about Christmas.  The leaves are turning, the scarves and gloves come out, I'm humming the tune of "Autumn Days" to myself on my way to work - and I start to plan my Christmas projects.

Like everyone, I have my traditions.  Watching The Snowman, ice-skating in London, watching the Muppet Christmas Carol in German (my friend's German and it's her copy, so not quite as random as it first sounds!).  And now there are my felt Christmas decorations - a different design each year.  This is the fifth year I will be making decorations.

reindeerAs I have quite a bit of brown felt left over from previous decorations (robins and Christmas puddings) this year I decided to have a go at reindeer.  I've made a couple of prototypes but still need to do more work to refine the design.  You've probably noticed one flaw - droopy antlers!  I'm working on a solution...

I'll share the next round of prototypes with you, and when I've decided on the final design I'll post the templates.

I'm also thinking of making some Christmas bunting; my Mother very kindly gave me some Christmas fabric left over from a quilt she made. 

1 comment:

  1. Pipe cleaners arrived today (does anyone use pipe cleaners to actually clean pipes?) - I'm hoping they will be the solution to the droopy antler problem!

    ReplyDelete