Saturday 24 August 2013

Cheese scones

The weather has been miserable today.  Never mind; the cricket may have been rained off but I still had TMS to keep me company, and what better excuse is there than a wet Saturday to get in the kitchen and indulge in some baking.

And this isn't just any baking - this is baking with Betty's scone recipe.  I have previously had successful results with this recipe when I used it as the basis for my blueberry and lemon scones.  Today, I decided warm homemade cheese scones would be the perfect lunch-time treat on a wet and dreary day.

Cheese scones are really very easy to make, and everyone is likely to have the basic ingredients in their store cupboards (flour, butter, eggs, milk, cheese).  Putting the ingredients together doesn't take long, and then it's less than 15 minutes in the oven before you're taking them out.  Then the hardest part - having the patience to wait until they are just cool enough to eat!

Warm scones with melted butter, a cup of tea, the Saturday papers and the whole of the afternoon stretched out before me; who needs the sunshine?

baking


No comments:

Post a Comment